1. Application of terms
- Contexity AG (hereinafter provider) operates a web application (hereinafter sci-fund) under sci-fund.ai or subdomains, such as eu.sci-fund.ai
- sci-fund may only be used by legal entities or natural persons capable of acting. By filling out the registration form, the customer automatically agrees to the general terms and conditions described below (hereinafter GTC). In case of legal entities, the customer’s end users are also bound by these terms.
- The customer is obligated to provide only truthful information about his person and, if applicable, his company when registering for sci-fund.
- The contract for the use of sci-fund comes into effect with the order by the customer. The respective term of the selected user plan begins with the activation by the provider.
- These terms and conditions apply to all present and future business relations regarding sci-fund. Should individual provisions of these GTC be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.
- By violating the terms, the customer forfeits the right of use and entitles the provider to block the account or access. In such a case, the customer is not entitled to a refund of any fees that have already been paid.
- If the customer does not agree to these terms, the customer is not authorised to access and use the service, and must immediately stop doing so.
- The provider may change these terms at any time by notifying the customers of the change by email or by posting a notice in the web application. Unless stated otherwise, any change takes effect from the date set out in the notice. The customers are responsible for ensuring that they are familiar with the latest terms. By continuing to access and use the service from the date on which the terms are changed, the customers agree to be bound by the changed terms.
- These terms were last updated on 01.06.2021
3. Scope of services and prices
- sci-fund provides customers access to and exploration of research funding opportunities from various sources. The exact range of features depends on the selected user plan. Internet access and a current browser are required to use sci-fund.
- By subscribing to sci-fund, the customer is granted the non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use the available functions in accordance with their intended use for the duration of the subscription. All rights of use not explicitly mentioned remain with the provider as the owner of all copyrights and industrial property rights.
- Available user plans and prices are listed under Plans & Prices. The provider reserves the right to change the plans and prices at any time. For existing subscribers, however, these price changes will come into effect at the earliest with the next contract renewal. All prices are exclusive of the statutory value added tax (VAT).
- sci-fund does not charge the customer for trial registration and therein the use of sci-fund for test purposes. The trial environment is limited to a maximum of 10 days and in scope of functions as described in Trial registration.
- The provider reserves the right to change sci-fund or to extend it with additional functions. By continuing to use sci-fund, the customer automatically agrees to the changes. Changes and/or further developments can be found in the service description on the website of the provider.
- The provider shall take appropriate measures to make it possible for the customer to use the service as interruption-free as possible.
- sci-fund is not guaranteed to be uninterrupted, secure or error-free. Furthermore, the provider does not promise that sci-fund meets certain requirements of the customers or that sci-fund is suitable for a particular purpose.
- The technical support is provided (if not explicitly agreed otherwise) exclusively through email to email@example.com. The provider shall provide the support services during working hours from Monday to Friday between 8.30 am and 5.00 pm CET. Legal holidays (for the Canton of Zurich, Switzerland) are excluded. Inquiries received outside of these support times shall be regarded as received on the following working day.
4. Contract duration and notice periods
- Upon registration, a contract is concluded in accordance with the selected user plan for the initial term specified therein (e.g. quarter of a year or a year). The contract is automatically extended for the same term and can be terminated by either party at the end of a term in compliance with thirty (30) day notice period.
- The customer is entitled to change the user plan or terminate the contract in writing subject to a notice period of thirty (30) days to the end of each term. In case of multi-user plans, the customer is entitled to change the number of users at the end of each quarter.
- On termination, the customer must pay all fees for the provision of the service prior to that termination.
- The parties are free to terminate the contract immediately for good cause.
- Termination does not affect either party’s rights and obligations that accrued before that termination.
5. Rights and obligations of the customer
- When accessing sci-fund, the customer or if applicable, the customer’s end users must:
- not impersonate another person or misrepresent authorisation to act on behalf of others or us;
- correctly identify the sender of all electronic transmissions;
- not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of sci-fund and its underlying services;
- not use, or misuse, the service in any way which may impair the functionality of the underlying systems or impair the ability of any other user to use the service;
- not attempt to view, access or copy any material or data other than:
- that which they are authorised to access; and
- to the extent necessary for them to use the service in accordance with these terms; and
- neither use the service in a manner, nor transmit, input or store any data, that breaches any third party right (including Intellectual property rights and privacy rights) or is objectionable, incorrect or misleading.
- Temporary or permanent installation or storage of the software in the working memory or on data carriers is not permitted.
- The customer is not entitled to make this software available to third parties for use against payment or free of charge. The customer is therefore expressly prohibited from subletting the software.
6. Availability and liability
- Within the scope of the provision of sci-fund, the provider shall take all reasonable measures to guarantee the customer an uninterrupted availability as far as possible.
- Adjustments, changes and additions to the services that are the subject of the contract, as well as measures that serve to identify and remedy malfunctions, will only lead to a temporary interruption or impairment of accessibility if this is absolutely necessary for technical reasons.
- Monitoring of the basic functions of the services shall be carried out on a daily basis.
- Data backups of sci-fund will be carried out on a regular basis.
- In case of defects caused by the provider, the provider shall only be liable for damages in case of gross negligence or intent. The liability of the provider is limited to the subscription fees of the customer for the remainder of the current subscription period. Further liability, in particular for consequential damages, indirect damages or for loss of profit is explicitly rejected.
- The customer acknowledges that the service may link to third party websites that are connected or relevant to the Service. Any link from the service does not imply that the provider endorses, approves or recommends, or has responsibility for, those websites or their content or operators. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the provider excludes all responsibility or liability for those websites.
7. Data protection
- Upon registration, the customer agrees that the provider stores and processes the accruing data. All data will be treated confidentially.
- The customer expressly agrees to the collection, processing and use of the data received in connection with the business relationship. Furthermore, the customer has the right to information as well as to correction, blocking or deletion of his stored data.
- All notices shall be sent in writing to the addresses indicated, unless a stricter form is stipulated in this contract or by law. The transmission via e-mail satisfies the written form requirement in each case.
- Customers are obliged to notify the provider of any change of address without delay, otherwise notices sent to the address last notified in writing shall be deemed to have been received with legal effect.
- The parties agree that the laws of the Swiss Confederation shall apply to all legal relationships arising from this contractual relationship, to the exclusion of the provisions of international private law (IPR) and the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CiSG).
- Winterthur ZH is agreed as the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising in connection with the execution of this contractual relationship.
- Enclosures are part of the contract.
- Third party in the sense of this contract is any natural person and/or legal entity that is different from the contracting parties in the legal sense.
- Any legal transaction fee shall be borne by the customer.
sci-fund is an internet service of: